I'm a very honest person. Perhaps too honest...

Friday, February 08, 2008

Great in 2008!

This is shaping up to be a pretty good year so far...

First, I actually completed my resolution last year! Which was something to celebrate when the clock struck midnight. Then I took it further and added to it this year!! Last year I minimized my intake of mixed beverages (hard alcohol) to 2 mixed drinks per Quarter. This year I've limited myself to 4 beers and 2 mixed drinks max per Quarter, with unlimited wine. yum! (Next year is going to be tough if I decide to continue this little trend.)

Second, my brother and his girlfriend gave me the Nike+iPod system for Christmas. At first I was intimidated at the idea of having to workout in order to use this very thoughtful gift. I hadn't worked out in at least 6 months. I was terrified. But also dying to get back in shape since I no longer walk everywhere like I did in New York. Well, turns out this was exactly what I needed to get back on track. I started running (jogging) on January 6th and have kept pretty steady ever since. I'm totally psyched about working out now. I even throw a Yoga workout in there every so often. The Nikeplus website allows you to set a 2008 resolution and then set monthly goals to attain your resolution. My resolution is "If I don't run 3 times or 6 miles a week in 2008, I will give up popcorn." (Yeah, I'm pretty sure I'm going to keep this running thing up.)

And of course, when you workout, you start eating a bit better. I've started making dinners at home again. I mean actual, balanced meals. Not just quesadillas from the quesadilla-maker (super delicious, don't get me wrong). I've even started taking leftovers into work the next day for lunch. So much better than the slim pickin's from our cafeteria where I usually order an Egg Salad sandwich or Quesadilla because the salad bar makes me sick. That's also a $$ saver!

Lastly, my sister reminded me that I have a blog. And you know what - I'm going to try to start writing again.

And THAT is a pretty darn good start to being "Great in 2008!"

2/9/08 - Oh yeah, and towards the end of 2007, I started cutting back on my coffee intake. I now drink only half caffeinated and half decaf coffee and am down to about one cup a day of the half-half mix. If I have two cups, I make the second one decaf. Fun!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know I'm good for something! Good job, Linda :)

Maddy said...

Good job, Linda! I have not been so good with my resolution to stop drinking soda. There are free cans of soda all over this place.

But I'll keep running so you feel challenged from the East.