I'm a very honest person. Perhaps too honest...

Monday, May 18, 2009

Carrying On...

I've been looking for a new carry on suitcase.

I had a beautiful dark green guy for many many years and many many vacations. But alas, he split at the seams and on my last trip to Florida, I traded with my parents for a larger (non-carry on) suitcase that also had it's share of flaws.

When my friend came to visit and was returning with more than she came with, I gave her the larger slightly flawed suitcase.

I have three weekends worth of weddings and traveling ahead and was equipped with nothing but a couple of backpacks to carry my things.

I searched online and in stores for luggage, but everything I found was more expensive than I wanted to pay.

Then I found this "multi-bird" suitcase and all bets were off. I didn't care what the price! $199... sure, I'll do it!

Then I got a reality check called Andy and the search was back to square one... Apparently, contrary to my own beliefs - bird graphics do not equal "spare no expense". Hm.

Well, there are other ways to find a suitcase you love - wait until the week before traveling, run to the store and pick up the cheapest bargain you can find in the limited time and patience you have left. That's what I did and now own a 5-piece Purple Hampton luggage set. It's 4 pieces more than I needed, but at least now I'm ready to roll.

I suppose I can always throw on a few bird decals of my own.

No comments: