I'm a very honest person. Perhaps too honest...

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Making up for lost time...

First, let me apologize to myself for failing to post yesterday. I set a little reminder e-mail for myself to nudge me everyday at 5pm. Alas, I was not on the computer all night last night. In fact, I felt a bit like I was run over...that pre-flu feeling all heavy and exhausted. I went to bed early and had one of those "Oh no!" moments, but decided my health was more important.

So today I write two posts.


I realize the small pool of people who may (or may not) read my blog already know all this - but let's catch up anyway, shall we?

  1. I moved to Boston, MA in November.
  2. I transferred to a new role within my company from the CA office to the MA office.
  3. I was laid off 3 weeks after my move.
  4. Aside from the inherent mild depression and anger that comes from being laid off, I've really quite enjoyed my free time from the corporate world.
  5. I've been crafting quite a bit when not searching for a job.
  6. Andy & I got engaged! February 28, 2009! Happy Happy!
  7. Many friends came to visit us February through April and we got to know a lot more about the city, including it's many places to buy and enjoy beer.
  8. I recently got a job! I start June 2nd. Joy! Joy!
  9. I feel very blessed to have found a job in this economy and cross my fingers that this is a sign that things are turning around. I hope my fellow unemployed friends find a job they love soon!
  10. I started counting calories and have lost 16 lbs so far, most of them gained in California, where things are delicious (especially my sister's cookies) and you really don't need to walk anywhere.
  11. Boston in the Spring is beautiful! I live walking distance from the library (which also loans DVDs woo-hoo) and I couldn't be happier!

Well, I believe that's the gist of it.

Perhaps tomorrow I will share with you my recent craft experiment. Until then...

No comments: